Comparison of advantages of oil-immersed transformers and dry-type transformers
Dry prices become more expensive than oil.
In terms of capacity, oil with large capacity becomes more than dry.
It is necessary to use dry transformers in complex buildings (basements, floors, roofs, etc.) and in densely populated areas. The oil transformer is used in an independent transformer substation.
Box transformers generally use box transformers. Temporary electricity for outdoor use generally uses oil transformers.
Choose dry and oil changes according to the space during construction. Choose oil changes when the space is large, and dry changes when the space is crowded.
The regional climate is relatively humid and hot, and it is easy to use oil to change. If dry transformer is used, it must be equipped with forced air cooling equipment.
1. The appearance and package are different. The dry-type transformer can directly see the iron core and the coil, while the oil-type transformer can only see the shell of the transformer;
2. Silicone bushings are mostly used for dry-type transformers with different lead forms, while porcelain bushings are mostly used for oil-type transformers;
3. Dry-type transformers with different capacities and voltages are generally suitable for power distribution. The capacity is mostly below 1600KVA, the voltage is below 10KV, and some can achieve the 35KV voltage level. Oil-type transformers can achieve the full capacity from small to large. The voltage level also achieves all the voltages; the UHV 1000KV test circuit under construction in China must use an oil transformer.
4. Insulation and heat dissipation are different. Dry-type transformers are generally insulated with resin, relying on natural air cooling and large-capacity cooling by fans, while oil-type transformers are insulated by insulating oil, and the heat generated by the coils is circulated inside the transformer to the tropical The heat sink (chip) of the transformer is used for heat dissipation.
5. Applicable places Dry-type transformers are mostly used in places that require "fireproof and explosion-proof". Generally, it is easy to use on large buildings and high-rise buildings; while oil-type transformers may have oil spraying or leaking after an accident, causing fires, most of them It is used outdoors, and there are places where "accident oil ponds" are dug.